Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4Slideshow Image 5Slideshow Image 6Slideshow Image 7Slideshow Image 8Slideshow Image 10

Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break 2011

For Eric's spring break we decided to take a little vacation!  We drove to California for a couple of days and we had a blast!
Our first stop was the Redland Temple. It was gorgeous and it was so nice to stretch our legs!
Afterwards we went and checked into our hotel and then went to a second temple!  The Newport Beach Temple was amazing!  We enjoyed lounging on the grass!
Finally, we couldn't wait any longer! We headed down to the beach.  It was awesome just playing in the sand and enjoying the cool ocean air.
That night we ate at Ruby's which was highly recommended to us by several people. There are several of them now but we went to the original one out on Balboa pier.  It was a cute 50's diner and the food (and milkshakes) were delicious!
The next morning we started early and drove down to Tijuana!  It was my first time in another country!  We went a little further in than just all of the tourist stuff and we were pretty much the only Americans around. Everyone only spoke Spanish, but that made the experience even more fun!  The food we ate was so good!  The salsa was crazy hot though.  My mouth has never been so on fire!
On our way back up north to our hotel, we stopped at the Olympic Training Center!  This is where many olympic athletes train, eat, live, sleep, etc.  It was so neat to see the facilities!  We even got to see the U.S. playing Canada in Field Hockey.
We then went to the San Diego temple, which is absolutely beautiful! It's like a castle.  It really is.
We tried to go to Point Loma to see some cool tide pools but they had closed the road, there was a huge National Cemetery on the way though.  It was amazing and had a very peaceful feel there.
We spent the rest of the evening at La Jolla Cove.  There were tons of seals just a few feet from us! Eric didn't want to leave, he was totally in his element just sitting there listening to the waves crash against the rocks.
The next morning we started off by going to the California Science Center.  It was free, and we heard that it was pretty cool.  We figured we would just spend a couple hours there but we ended up spending most of the day.  There was so much to do!  It was amazing, I only wish it were closer.
We did make it over to the Los Angeles Temple, to complete our temple tour.  Ethan now thinks that every large building he sees is a temple.
And of course, we had to get our last dose of the beach.  We ended up getting home really late because we stayed to watch the sunset in Santa Monica on the Venice beach, but it was totally worth it!

12 remarks:

Mom and Dad said...

What a blast! You guys are amazing to do so much. Do you ever sit still? And it's cool that you went to see all those temples. Loved that Ethan was smiling in every picture. We love you guys and can't wait for a visit from you! Then maybe our lives won't be so boring!

Anonymous said...

The pictures you took were wonderful! How great to get to see all of those Temples! There are only two in the UK but they are wonderful!
We envy you the time you take to do these trips! Enjoy them! Times together like that will always be remembered!
I wish we would take the time to go and see more of England! It just takes money that we don't have unfortunately...

Morgan said...

Wow, those temples are beautiful. I want to go to the san diego one. The pictures were also amazing, and i love that ethan now smiles on demand. haha, love it. I hope to one day have a blog like yours cally wog.

Jonathan and Linsi said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm so sad we couldn't come, but next year we'll make it for sure! (I hope! :) )

Greg and Sherry said...

Wow, what a fun vacation! The pictures are all incredible--as usual (good photographer and good subjects)! So glad you guys did this. Must say you are braver than me though-many times I've been right up to the border of Mexico but couldn't get the courage up to cross, much less eat the food! How's your digestive tracks? :)

Jana Banana said...

you should have seen Seth when you were out there, he would have loved to have seen you. Next time. Aaron and I did a tour like that (though not Mexico, did you have to have passports) and it was fun seeing all the temples. Thanks for sharing your pictures, so cool to live so close to CA huh!

Nichole Christensen said...

This looks amazing!!! Is Ethan a trooper in the car? Aaron is such a little bandit these days that we shy away from any trip longer than 2-3 hours. But this will be the first year in about 6 years that I have not been to the beach at least once. I'm having a hard time letting that sink in! I loved your pictures and your little temple tour.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing vacation! You guys will cherish those memories forever. I love how you are not afraid to just go out and make the most out of your time. Love you guys!

JoAnna Bischoff said...

So Fun! Also your pictures are amazing! I love that you are able to capture your lives so perfect with your pictures.

The Winns said...

Oh. my. gosh. How fun!! I'm super jealous! You have amazing picts too!! I did some catching up on your blog and I also love the "day in the life of Ethan" post. Soooo funny that he says his name is Jesus!!

Mindy said...

Looks like a fantastic trip! P.s. Your blog looks EXACTLY like Cali Cottle Stoddard's! Do you read her blog?

Anonymous said...

YESSS! I finally got to see your blog. Um, I love everything about it. ESPECIALLY the pictures! McCall, your photos are AMAZING! What camera did you say you bought again? They're phenomenal and it looks like you guys are having so much fun! Ah I can't wait to see you guys again, whenever that may be. I love you! :)