Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4Slideshow Image 5Slideshow Image 6Slideshow Image 7Slideshow Image 8Slideshow Image 10

Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Listening Ears

We have been doing more to involve Ethan in family home evenings.  I just always thought, "oh he is so young" so we didn't really include him.  In fact, a lot of our family nights pretty much consisted of watching Chuck and eating ice cream.  But the last few weeks we have done such fun things for family night. I have been using the nursery manual and a few weeks ago we did a lesson on temples, because Ethan loves temples.  He still has the temple that he colored up in his room and he is so proud of it. When I brought the nursery manual and the crayons downstairs this week Ethan got all excited and pointed over to it and said "Jesus!" I think he is catching on. This week we did a lesson on having listening ears.  We played a game where Eric and Ethan would run and then when I said stop, they had to stop.  We sang some songs and we made these listening ear headbands.  Ethan made sure that all of us wore them until it was time to go to sleep. I'm happy that he enjoys family night so much now!

6 remarks:

Greg and Sherry said...

I'm so glad you're doing Family Night! He's learning more than you think-- he's a smart little boy!

Anonymous said...

It is so fun that he is getting to that age where you can involve him in big boy activities.

JencyJo said...

Oh he is so smart! I love him! You guys are so good with FHE, lately Joey and I just watch the Bachelor and go to sleep on mondays haha. There are so many good ideas for FHE before and especially after you have kids! I'll have to steal your idea and get a nursery manual when we have kids!

JoAnna Bischoff said...

I can't believe he is so big! I hope all is going good for you guys. Also your pictures are fantastic, your little family is just great :)
I have a favor to ask... I got a new email address so would you mind adding that address so I can continue to look at your blog with out switching accounts, cause I'm lazy like that :)
Thanks
It is jbischoff5@gmail.com

The Winns said...

So cute! What a great idea for involving Ethan in FHE. Also very cool that you started a preschool! There are quite a few times when I REALLY miss teaching as well. Looks like you guys do some really fun things with the kids!

Anonymous said...

I love your FHE ideas. I would like to try the listening ears one out on our kids tonight. Please e-mail me with more great ideas! Love ya.