Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4Slideshow Image 5Slideshow Image 6Slideshow Image 7Slideshow Image 8Slideshow Image 10

Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mount Washburn

We went on a hike with Eric's parents to the top of Mt. Washburn in Yellowstone. It was a really pretty hike and there were wildflowers the whole way. There were also some beautiful views of the whole park. At the top there was a fire tower that they use to watch for forest fires. There are four towers at different places in the park. A ranger lives in three of the towers during the time when the park is open. The tower is pretty small and I can't imagine living on the top of a mountain all by yourself. There have been bear sightings on this trail before so I was nervous the whole time. I turned out to be tons of fun and none of us got eaten, so that is very good news.

3 remarks:

~Orchideh~ said...

I Love hiking and I'm glad yo udidn't get eaten! !

Ashley said...

Haha I am so glad that you didn't get eaten too!!! It is scary hiking with bears!!!! Glad you had so much fun!

Nicole said...

You guys are so cute! :)