Today I ran in the Teton Dam half marathon. I finished in 2 hours and 19 seconds. I ran with my friend Ashley, her sister, and her sister's husband. They were a lot of fun to run with! It was a great experience! All of the volunteers were so helpful and the course was beautiful. There was a lot of uphill in it but we did it! All of my family came up to visit for the occassion, and Eric's brother Chris came to watch the race. I felt so lucky to have the biggest cheering crowd there! My grandpa has never missed one of my races in my life! Throughout high school and beyond he has always been right there cheering me on. He ran a few short stretches of the race with me, and that was a blast. My little brother and sister hopped in for a few seconds too. My grandpa always brings me a gatorade when I run too. He is so sweet and I'm not sure if I would have such a passion for running if it weren't for him. Eric was also so cute about the race. He made sure that I got to bed on time and drank a lot the night before the race. He seemed more worried about it than I was. I don't know what I would do without him, he takes such good care of me. My family supports me so much!

The end of the race went right by the temple. It was a great motivation! Notice my face, hilarious.

These are all of my supporters! Thanks guys!

This is me and Ashley before the race.

Here is a picture of all of us running.

This is Devin and me sharing my medal after the race.
8 remarks:
That looks like so much fun. That's so sweet of your family to come down and support you. Good Job!! :)
I love this post!!! It was sooooo fun running with you!
wow i didn't know you liked to run!!! something new everydaY!!!! 24 days until our vacatioN!!!
You inspire me. You are so amazing. I don't even dare attempt doing any type of exercise. Man I miss you guys. Keep me posted on the latest and greatest in your lives.
I"m soooo proud of you girls for that!
I'll tell Chris to translate it. But I think he already told you guys most of what I wrote there... ;)
Email me your email address so I can add you to my blog readers :)
JanaCSIA@aol.com
You ran in PANTS? Ugh! :) Shauna and I ran the Top of Utah half last August with absolutely NO training! It was our most favorite race ever! And I am going to run the full marathon this year! EEK!
Post a Comment