Last Sunday, (the 27th) was Eric and my first anniversay! I knew that Eric had something planned but he wouldn't tell me what. Everytime I asked where we were going he'd say, "the moon." Eric had me skip a couple of classes on Friday so that we could leave a little earlier. We started driving and I had no idea where we were going. I got the map and was trying to guess. 
Then Eric pulled in to Craters of the Moon, a national park with crazy looking lava rocks, and said,"See I told you we were going to the moon!" I thought that was a nice touch.

But anyway, that was just a short stop on our way to... Boise! It was so much fun and I was so surprised. The first night we stayed at Anniversary Inn which was sooo amazing. We had the South Pacific room and everything was so tropical! When we first got there, cheesecake and sparkling cider were waiting for us. Eric had preordered a rose that was sitting on the bed. The room was so cool, there was a giant TV, palm trees, and a waterfall shower!

The first night we ate at this Japanese restaurant where the table is a grill. We filled our addiction for sushi and also ordered a chicken and shrimp dish. The guy who was cooking it was all dressed up and he did cool things with our food. At one point he was juggling eggs and messed up and the egg came way close to cracking on Eric but he caught it at the last second. The food was delicious! The second day we drove around Boise for awhile. We looked at the BSU campus and walked around downtown. There was this farmers market going on, oh my gosh it was amazing.


Later in the day we drove to Mountain Home which is about 45 minutes away from Boise. Eric went to High School there for awhile. It was so much fun to meet people from his past, I have hardly met anyone since they lived all over the world. We ate at this restraunt called the German Haus. It was awesome, it was this one little lady running the whole place, and cooking all of the food. The food was way authentic and the lady was impressed with the way that Eric pronounced the names of the dishes.

The second night we stayed at the trashiest motel ever (we had to make up for spending so much the night before!) It was quite the adventure but we had a good time. On Sunday we went to Eric's old ward before leaving. Then on the way back we stopped in Twin Falls. It is such a pretty city! Their temple is almost finished, it's very beautiful. Then we stopped at the huge bridge and had a picnic. There were people jumping off the bridge into the gorge, it was so cool to watch!


Overall our weekend was awesome. I love Eric so much and am so excited for an eternity to go!
6 remarks:
Hey McCall! Found your blog through Aline's, I hope you don't mind me "snooping" around! We need to get the girls back together for some scrapbook again, that night was so much fun! Happy 1st anniversary! :o)
-anna
McCall!!!! I love your blog!!! Happy First Anniversary to you guys!!! Its crazy that its been a year already!!! I just think you are sooo great McCall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How cute! I wish Chris and I would do more things like that...But now it is especially hard because of the baby...So enjoy every minute of it(while you can), because after you have a baby it will be a different kind of joy...
Yay for blogging!!! I love yours! Happy 1st anniversary! Sounds like you guys had so much fun!!!
I can't believe it's already been a year! I was really worried you guys weren't going to make it... Just kidding, of course!
Honestly, and you wonder why I love you guys. You are amazing. You can stop by and play games anytime. We love having you. Miss you both and hope you stop and visit my blog anytime. Love you guys.
Post a Comment